IIT: A systematic review of attainment measures (closed)
The Education Endowment Foundation is commissioning a systematic review of attainment measures for children and adolescents aged 6-18 in literacy, mathematics and science.
In order to inform future decisions and build a better understanding of appropriate measures to assess children’s attainment we will commission a systematic review of available attainment measures for Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
This work will partly build on previously commissioned work. Specifically, the review of measures to assess 0-6 year old children’s language, literacy, numeracy, and social and emotional development (Dockrell et al., 2017).
How to apply
Applicants should submit a proposal to the EEF. Proposals should be no more than 2000 words, excluding references. In the proposal please include the following:
- Objectives of the review, including research questions and rationale for why these are important
- Your proposed approach to conducting the systematic review, including a description of how the measures will be identified, selected and appraised (including clear inclusion criteria)
- For the measures database, please specify the information that can be made available using your approach, and how this will help evaluators, teachers, and schools select appropriate attainment measures
- If you plan to incorporate information from previous EEF evaluations, please include a section describing the information (i.e. test properties) you plan to include and your approach to analysing the relevant data
- The relevant experience of the team. Specifically, your credentials for undertaking the review, your knowledge in the subject matter and expertise in the proposed methodology
- A detailed budget with justification for time spent on the research
The deadline for applications is Friday 8 November at 17:00 Please send your proposal to: Diotima.Rapp@eefoundation.org.uk.
All proposals will be reviewed by the EEF, please see summary of scoring criteria attached. We will be appointing a team on Friday 15 November.
We will finalise the specification with the successful team and the final report will be peer reviewed and published on the EEF website.
More information about this opportunity can be found in the PDF linked to below.