Administration and Policy Officer (closed)
Title: Administration and Policy Officer
Accountable to: Chief Executive/Head of Finance
Salary: c.£25-27k per year
Location: Central London
Contract: Full time permanent contract
Start Date: As soon as possible
About the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF)
The Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) is an independent grant-making charity dedicated to breaking the link between family income and educational achievement for children aged 3-18. Established by the Sutton Trust as lead charity in partnership with Impetus, the EEF was set-up through a £125 million government grant. With additional money coming from fundraising and investment, we hope to spend as much as £200 million over the 15-year lifetime of the programme.
The EEF works towards its mission by:
- Identifying and funding promising educational projects that address the needs of disadvantaged children in primary and secondary schools in England;
- Evaluating these innovations to extend and secure the evidence on what works and can be made to work at scale;
- Encouraging schools, government, charities, and others to apply evidence and adopt innovations found to be effective.
Since its launch in 2011, the EEF has awarded funding to over 190 projects worth £114m, reaching over 13,000 schools and over 1.2 million pupils. The Teaching and Learning Toolkit, developed by the EEF in collaboration with the Sutton Trust and Durham University, provides an accessible introduction to education research, and is used by two thirds of head teachers in English schools.
The EEF is looking to recruit an Administration and Policy Officer to join its Westminster office. The role will encompass a range of duties, including:
- Acting as the EEF’s first point of contact for phone and email inquiries;
- Providing PA support to the Chief Executive (including diary management and oversight, meeting arrangements, expenses and travel arrangements);
- Supporting the CEO, Deputy CEO and Head of Policy with policy work, including producing briefings and organising events;
- Supporting the Head of Finance with human resources processes including recruitment, induction of new staff, review of existing HR policies and documents and development of new policies where necessary, review of employee documentation;
- Helping to manage the IT resources of the EEF;
- Managing the EEF’s apprenticeship scheme, including supervising the apprentice;
- Any other duties to meet the needs of the EEF commensurate with the level of the post.
The role would suit a graduate with a minimum of two years working experience, looking to develop their career in the education, policy and charity sectors.
Experience and knowledge
- A university degree and at least two years’ experience;
- A strong interest in education, understanding and commitment to the aims of the EEF;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Experience of using technology in communications.
Skills and abilities
- An ability to work independently and use initiative;
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A commitment to improving the educational opportunities of disadvantaged children;
- A combination of the personal sensitivity, creativity and tact that is needed when working with a range of individuals and organisations.
How to apply
Please send a one-page CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your covering letter should be no more than one side of A4 and should outline why you are interested in this position and how you meet the criteria above, drawing on specific examples.
The deadline for receiving applications is 17:00 on 10th May.
Initial interviews will be held in the week beginning 20th May.
We are looking for a candidate to start soon after this, but this can be extended depending on notice period.
The EEF is committed to creating a diverse environment and ensuring that all qualified applicants receive equal consideration for employment.
Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor visas for applicants from outside of the EEA.
Please note our privacy notice for job applicants here.