Guidance and Implementation Manager (closed)
Title: Guidance and Implementation Manager
Salary: c.£35-40k per year
Location: Central London
Contract: Full time
About the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF)
The Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) is an independent charity dedicated to breaking the link between family income and educational achievement for children and young people. Established by the Sutton Trust as lead charity in partnership with Impetus (now Impetus-PEF), the EEF is funded through a £130 million government grant. With additional money from fundraising and investment, we hope to spend as much as £200 million over the 15-year lifetime of the programme. The EEF works towards its mission by:
- Providing free, independent and evidence-based resources, including research summaries and practical tools, designed to improve practice and boost learning.
- Generating evidence of what works to improve teaching and learning, by funding rigorous trials of promising programmes and approaches.
- Supporting schools, as well as early years and post-16 settings, across the country in scaling evidence to achieve the maximum possible benefit for young people.
The EEF aims to support evidence-informed decision-making in schools, colleges and early years settings. To do so, we produce a range of high-quality publications that aim to be both academically rigorous and accessible to a range of audiences, with a focus on school leaders and decision-makers. The Guidance and Implementation Manager will have a focus on supporting the process around the production and subsequent implementation of EEF guidance reports. The postholder will also support the production of a range of other EEF publications, including evaluation reports and stand-alone resources for schools. This work will involve working closely with other members of the EEF team, external evaluators and other academic partners, as well as secondees from partner schools and other education organisations.
- Manage the end-to-end process for the production of guidance reports and the delivery of implementation plans based on the reports, coordinating with EEF colleagues to ensure they are delivered on time and to a high standard.
- Oversee the development of the EEF’s approach to guidance production: commissioning external teams to conduct literature reviews; using guidance panels; ensuring consistent evidence standards; ensuring accessibility to practitioners and policy makers;
- Help monitor implementation plans to ensure the recommendations from guidance reports have impact, working with different teams across the organisation
- Working with the Research and Publications Manager, support the publication of evaluation reports from EEF projects, including ensuring that reports are accessible to practitioners and policy makers; co-ordination of colleagues responsible for individual reports; contributing to the development of the EEF’s reporting and review process.
- Commission and manage the publication of stand-alone reports, including literature reviews and evidence briefs.
• Undertake other duties which may from time to time be requested by the Chief Executive.
You will be joining a small and focused team driven by an ambition to deliver real improvements in educational attainment. You will have outstanding communication skills, strong project and relationship management skills, and a good knowledge of educational research, including of quantitative methods.
To apply for this position you must be able to demonstrate:
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to communicate findings from research effectively to a variety of audiences, including academic and non-academic audiences
- A track record of commissioning, reviewing and producing high-quality publications.
- Ability to build and manage relationships with a range of stakeholders
- An ability to work flexibly and proactively and successfully bridge across team boundaries
- A commitment to the aims of the EEF.
Desirable skills and experience include:
- Essential: Degree
- Essential: 4+ years in education or another closely related field
- Desirable: Experience of producing accessible publications based on research
- Desirable: Experience of producing or commissioning reviews of research
- Desirable: Postgraduate qualification including research skills training
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Your covering letter should be no more than two sides of A4 and should outline why you are interested in this position and how you meet the criteria above, drawing on specific examples.
The deadline for applications is 5pm, 11 March, 2019. Initial interviews will be held in the week beginning 18 March 2019.