Framing evaluation questions
- Once you have a shortlist of questions, try to make them as specific as possible. Vague questions can be a barrier to successful evaluation.
- Be clear about the intended outcome and how you want to measure it.
- Be clear about what approaches you want to test and the changes that need to be made in order to deliver them properly.
- Be clear about the group of pupils you want your findings to apply to. Approaches that work with one group may not work with another.
- Involve colleagues in the discussion.