We aim to:
- raise the attainment of 3 – 18 year-olds, particularly those facing disadvantage;
- develop their essential life skills; and
- prepare young people for the world of work and further study.
We do this by:
- summarising the best available evidence in plain language for busy, time-poor teachers and senior leaders. Our Teaching and Learning Toolkit is now used by 70% of secondary schools.
- generating new evidence of ‘what works’ to improve teaching and learning, funding independent evaluations of high-potential projects. We’ve tested over 190 high-potential programmes with over 1.3 million children and young people.
- supporting teachers and senior leaders across the country in using this evidence to achieve the maximum possible benefit for young people. We work in partnership with a network of 37 Research Schools across the country.